Monday, October 31, 2011

Goran Viler - Trieste

I was in the midst of emotional trauma and I knew what I needed: Learning my lessons and embracing life as it comes, calming my mind,perhaps through meditation or physical activities. Instead I went to a hairdresser and decided to go blonde from (dark) brunette :)

I was very sad and actually did not care a single bit about my hair, just needed a change. Was about to leave home to stop by the the first hairdresser I see, then something happened: I recognized the impulsiveness of the moment. (If you knew me, you would know that this doesn't happen as often as it should.) I realized that I would feel better in a couple of days but my hair would stay for a long time in whichever shape I butcher it into by this impulsive decision. I could almost taste the regret that would come afterwards.

So I realized that I am not in the best shape to decide, but badly needed something to pick myself up, thus I had a deal with myself: Got my best friend with me, found the best hair dresser in Trieste (Goran Viler Hairspa), and when they asked me how could they help: "I am going through a lot of changes and a hurtful break up. I want a dramatic change in  how i see myself. Make me a blonde."

So I left the fate of my hair to the hands of Goran and his staff. My friend with a taste was there to approve/disapprove steps and suggest changes. He also did big part of the translation, as not everyone was comfortable with speaking English. (But even if I didnt have him with me, there are some English speaking staff members that offered to help with it.) I left the color choice to Goran staff, just stating that I needed something radical. Afterwards, it was all a magical torture :)

Torture 'coz I really am not a hairdresser person, cut my hair myself, can't stand the chemical smell of the products and definitely can't sit on that chair for hours for something as insignificant as hair. But they managed to make it magical even for me.

Although the place looked really snobbish to me at first, staff was very warm and welcoming, and there were definitely some eye candy that even I, at that horrible state, couldn't miss. They did their best to make us comfortable, offering hand massage, drinks, and digging some piles of magazine to get me an international one that I practiced some french with, while three colorists were hovering over my hair and deciding on the best color and strategy. And oh boy who would think that dying hair has so many details to it!

Goran himself took time to oversee the whole project and to convince me that I dont need to look like a fake blonde for a dramatic change, and offered me a much better option, which after all, turned out to be great: mahogany base with copper and dark honey blonde highlights. I think either it is a very unique color or it looks really weird, coz i have noticed that it turns some heads on the street.

If you ask me, it looks awesome, definitely not what I had in mind, but precisely for that reason, I should say they did a great job and I am very grateful. With so much attention to detail, I was thinking that it would take hours, but most of the time, they were working in doubles, which got the job done pretty quickly. I had to stop them for a while to go out to the balcony and smoke a cigarette with the view of the Grand Canale.

It was exactly then that I decided I should write about this place, and let you guys know that when life gets a bit rough on you, there is a place you can spoil yourself in Trieste.

~~~

One thing I was not happy about though was the color of my eyebrows afterwards. They were always thick and apparent but with lighter hair it was as if they had mutated into some super-brows. Well, today I have solved that problem too with a tiny little bit of modification to lighten them up, which took less than 5 mins and did not cause any discomfort, so I think I can keep it up once in every two weeks. Yay for being happy even for little things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment